You will find a myriad of romantic places in London, perhaps to declare your love or make an Anglo-Saxon style marriage proposal. Whatever your motivation for going to one of the many romantic places in London in this article you will find a list of the top 11, this too, not surprisingly, one of the numbers of love! So let’s start our journey to the 11 most romantic places that London has to offer!
Original romantic places in London and “off the beaten path”
- The Secret Garden in Regent’s Park is a ” secret ” garden precisely because it is not widely known to tourists and is perfect for a romantic walk. To find it you have to go to the Inner Circle in Regent’s Park and enter the door without directions with the wisteria tunnel. And I recommend keeping it a secret!
- The St Paul’s Cathedral Whispering Gallery is one of the most romantic places in London because it will allow you to whisper sweet words to your partner from one side of the circular gallery to the other due to its particular acoustics. It is such a lovely place that you quickly forget the 259 steps necessary to reach it.
- Alexandra Palace’s pedalos are a perfect choice to get out of the beaten track of romantic places. London offers several similar lakes but this is certainly among the least known to tourists where you can ride on a ” swan ” a ” sports car “. An excellent original travel style alternative ” Off the Beaten Path ” to the more classic ” The serpentine ” by Hyde Park.
- Primrose Hill is a small hill to the north of London which, with its view of the British capital, is certainly one of the most romantic places in London frequented mostly by locals.
- Hampstead Heath is the best place to take a romantic walk through ancient woods and ponds where you can swim and fish.
- Greenwich Park hides its non-romantic side for those who love science and geography and find it fascinating to walk on the Meridian that divides the east and west hemispheres of the earth or look at the stars in the planetary Peter Harrison.
- Traditional and not to be missed romantic places in London
- “The Meeting Place” at London St Pancras Station is such a romantic work that it is nicknamed ” The lovers “. Classic but evergreen take the picture imitating the intense embrace carved in the bronze of the statue.
- The Gordon’s Wine Bar on Villiers Street is a classic for Londoners’ first date since 1890. And if you go there in the summer take a trip to nearby Victoria Embankment Gardens, there is often a band playing.
- Little Venice, ” Little Venice” is perfect for those seeking an Italian-inspired romanticism even in the British capital.
- Southbank and the London Eye (the famous Ferris wheel) are a classic for those in South London, but the fact that they are many tourists does not exempt them from remaining among the best romantic places in London, especially at sunset.
The statue of Eros in Piccadilly is perfect if you want to send a clear message of your feelings to your partner, perhaps after a nice picnic in the nearby St James Park.
It is clear that there are other romantic places in London such as Notting Hill (perhaps retracing the locations of the famous film), Hyde Park, Kew gardens and so on, but this is our ranking.